Glickman Design Build Founder, Russ Glickman, Appointed to Montgomery County Commission on People with Disabilities
Glickman Design Build is thrilled to announce that Founder, Russ Glickman, was recently appointed to the Montgomery County Commission on People with Disabilities by County Executive, Isiah Leggett. The Commission advises the County government on the coordination and development of policies for people with disabilities. The Commission advises the County Executive and the County Council on the needs and concerns of the County’s residents who have psychiatric, developmental, physical or sensory disabilities.
The Commission has 25 voting members, and at least five (5) non-voting members, including:
• Thirteen (13) voting members who are people with a disability;
• Three (3) voting members who are parents of people with disabilities;
• Nine (9) voting members who represent organizations and agencies that provide services or represent people with disabilities;
• One (1) non-voting member from the Department of Recreation, Department of Transportation, and the Human Rights Commission.
• Two (2) non-voting members from the Department of Health and Human Services
As the father of a child with Cerebral Palsy, and having been a caretaker for an aging parent, Russ is well versed in the unique needs and sensitivities of families where physical disability is part of their day-to-day life. Russ has applied this knowledge to his business designing homes to have better resale value – to meet the needs of the ever-growing number of baby boomers who will eventually need houses that will work better.