Now Hiring: Office Manager/Bookkeeper (N. Potomac, MD)
Position: Office Manager/Bookkeeper
Seeking a highly motivated well-organized individual to join a small growing business and be part of a team committed to serving our clients and community with excellence.
Glickman Design Build, LLC is a small, nationally recognized upscale residential design/build remodeling firm. The firm is growing and has two divisions: Signature Home Renovations by Glickman Design Build (providing high-end additions, kitchens, baths, and renovations – Creating Your Ideal Home) and Accessible Home Modifications by Glickman Design Build (providing upscale wheelchair accessible modifications – Exceptional Solutions for Independence). The firm serves the DC metro area within one hour of their office.
This position reports directly to the owner and works closely with him and key personnel in supporting and overseeing the day-to-day operational effectiveness of Glickman Design Build, LLC (GDB). This position requires a wide range of skills and abilities incorporating bookkeeping, customer service, marketing, technology and administrative processes and procedures all into one. Because GDB is a small growing business this position requires a team player with a can-do attitude who is willing to step in and do whatever task is required from low-level to high-level to facilitate the firm’s effectiveness. When functioning at optimum this position serves as the right hand to the owner, freeing him up to focus on closing new business.
Overall General Responsibilities
– Manage the administrative files of the company-personnel, all insurances, employee benefits, office procedures
– Answer phone and forward calls to appropriate person or mailbox
– Open mail, stamp in date, distribute, and take mail to post office; make bank deposits
– Check weekly and pick-up as needed all supplies
– Type proposals, contracts & change orders
– Attend weekly staff meetings with reports up to date
– Act as a liaison with Accountant, Lawyer, Banker, Business Coach, Retirement Administrator, Insurance Agents.
– Shop insurance: health, liability, comp, auto
– Compile site production binder for Production Manager
– Coordinate orders & deliveries to meet construction schedules
– Assist in coordinating subcontractors – communications to let subs know in advance when they will be needed
– Communicate with field personnel & set up inspections, deliveries
– Act as administrative assistant to the owner providing support with routine tasks such as filing/copying/scanning/ordering resource material/creating notebooks etc.
– Maintain office file system for administrative files and closed and open client files.
– Develop and implement new administrative systems and office procedures
– Maintain office space as needed (water plants/straighten conference room etc.)
– Interact with outside vendors as needed (phone/internet/insurance/etc.)
– Assist in setting up and training new team members as they are hired.
– Shop for new equipment, furniture, fixtures, vehicles, & truck signage
– Handle all HR responsibilities incl assisting with finding, screening new hires, coordinate benefits: health insurance, etc.
– Assist with special projects as directed by owner.
– Interface with clients regarding questions about invoices
– Assist with corporation’s & owner’s personal tax prep
– Keep job cost spreadsheet up to date (spreadsheet outside of QB)
– Keep client account spreadsheets up to date (spreadsheet outside of QB)
– Manage the daily accounting operations- Payroll, AP, AR, GL, Job Costing, AWA, CO, Cash Management;
– Manage monthly/quarterly reports, file with government agencies.
– Accurate and timely financial control of the company
– Ability to analyze financial data and report of Owner’s any changes which are noteworthy, (past due AR, Cash flow, Ratios declining, more leads required to meet budget, etc.)
– Meet with Production Manager weekly to see what can be billed
Marketing/Client Relations Responsibilities
– Answer calls from new clients and fill out (or send out) questionnaires
– Enter new leads into computer-ACT! and lead tracking spreadsheet
– Schedule appointments for sales staff to call back
– Interact with sales team regarding new intake appointments and maintenance of schedules
– Maintain tracking record of new client calls
– Maintain follow up contact program – for clients who may want projects in the future
– Keep lead tracking spreadsheet up to date for weekly meeting
– Keep sales status spreadsheet up to date (spreadsheet outside of QB)
– Compile introductory job folders for new clients/give to salesman
– Maintain database of mailing lists, referral sources
– Collaborate in developing marketing collateral
– Keep website updated
– Oversee mass mailings/email campaigns etc.
– Collect, organize all photos of projects: before; during; after – set up professional photo shoots & assist onsite with staging
– Coordinate yard signage: arrange installs, removals, new signs, sign repairs
– Track marketing & PR efforts (with our outside marketing & PR firms)
– Organize marketing events & coverage by self & by sales people (chamber of commerce, etc)
– Plan and coordinate details for workshops; open houses; in service presentations.
– Open house events & seminars – set up, coordinate, & oversee
– Networking events attend and represent GDB on occasion
– Home shows: set up, coordinate manning schedules, attend, help set up display booth
– Prepare notebook to hand all clients at end of project, with all items used, subs and contact info (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc.) booklets, operating guides, factory warranties, how to care for, paint colors, any Allen wrenches, etc.,
– Experience with MS Project is desired
– Set up gant charts on all jobs. Update as schedules change. Make this available via cloud to subs and crews so they will be able to plan accordingly (as schedules change)
– Set up info sharing via cloud: existing client info; calendars to coordinate site meetings; other meetings
– Highly experienced with Quickbooks Pro
– ACT &/or other CRM programs
Personal Attributes/Qualifications/Key Competencies
• Calm and collected, a team player, logical, truthful and honest
• Business degree or equivalent.
• Computer Savvy. Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook
• Experience with MS Project helpful, but training can be provided
• Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures
• Great customer service skills and high relational ability
• Strong process management skills with the ability to originate systems and processes
• Excellent communication skills and ability to inform others and report regularly on progress
• Excellent ability to maintain confidentiality regarding financial information
• Strong skills in independent thinking coupled with solid skills in operating as a team member
• Ability to be flexible and adapt, as the situation requires
Salary commensurate with current abilities & experience:
Plus Bonuses & incentives
Future benefits package: 401k; profit sharing; health insurance
Location: N. Potomac, MD
This is a full-time job.
How to Apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
Please- no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.