Before-and-After Photos: Open-concept kitchen family room addition in Maryland
By: Charity Corkey
Glickman Design Build, an award-winning remodeling firm in the DC-area, recently completed a BEAUTIFUL renovation to a single-family home in Gaithersburg, Maryland. The results are astonishing, and the owner gushed over the workmanship, professionalism and final reveal.
“Glickman Design Build did a fantastic job on our addition/renovation. The overall project management was wonderful and the subcontractors were each top notch. The best part was the attention to detail. When something wasn’t quite right it was fixed before we even noticed!”
Glickman’s project manager Justin oversaw this six-month renovation, which featured:
• An addition off the back of the house to create an open-concept kitchen
• A screened-in porch
• A two-sided fireplace between the addition and the porch
• A large brushed concrete patio
Ready to see the pictures?
Let’s start with the before photos:
Here is a look at the back of the house, with the old patio and no addition. The homeowners were beginning to feel cramped, and with one needing a home office, a renovation was necessary. They also love the outdoors, and requested the screened-in porch.
Another view of the back:
At the beginning of the home renovation, Justin and his crew began by expanding the kitchen walls.
Next, they framed the screened-in porch and laid the patio retaining wall.
By this point, they were ready for insulation. The electrical and plumbing had been completed, and the fireplace installed.
… a shot from the other side.
Ready for the final REVEAL?
The interior addition boasts the dual-sided fireplace and gleaming red oak flooring.
The extra space created an open-concept kitchen:
A fresh pine interior covers the walls in the screened-in porch, and for the floor, sturdy PVC decking.
The complete screened-in porch ….
… with a beautiful floor-to-ceiling view of the patio.
The icing on the cake? An elegant patio for entertaining.
Do you have a remodeling question?
Glickman Design Build provides 4 main types of work:
- Large scale/upscale Design/Build Renovations: including designing and building additions, kitchens, baths, interiors and exteriors
- Lifelong Homes: Living-in-Place (aging in place), Elevators, In-law suites, ground floor master suites
- Accessible modifications: home assessments; and design & build wheelchair accessible homes, bathrooms, entrances, and other barrier free design/builds
- Legal expert witness work for area elite law firms: cost reports to convert a home for wheelchair access for someone injured, depositions and courtroom testimony
Call one of our locations today!
- MD: (301) 444-4663
- VA: (703) 832-8150
- DC: (202) 792-7320