2017 Kitchen Trends – What’s In and Out
Open kitchen spaces that blend seamlessly with the rest of the home are still tops on homeowner’s lists as we head into 2017. Stylishly designed for entertaining guests while welcoming and functional for day-to-day use is the combination on most wish lists.
- Hidden appliances: Stainless steel appliances are moving over in popularity to make way for hidden appliances that easily work into the design scheme.
- Wood paneling: What goes around comes around. Wood paneling, often in white, gives a clean, modern finish.
- Mixed hardware finishes is another look making its way onto the scene. Replacing the stainless steel look are accessories with various finishes, such as gold, copper or pewter. This creates a highly designed and creative space.
- Granite is no longer the only option when it comes to countertops. Quartz, marble and butcher-block countertops are gaining in popularity. They offer a great look and are easy to maintain.
- Dark finishes and paint colors are making way for lighter and brighter color options.